Shasta Regional Medical Center is committed to our community’s health and well being.
We are proud to be home to the first nationally certified Stroke team in the North State. Our accreditation is from The Joint Commission and we are honored to be recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines" annual performance award.
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care and treatment of cardiovascular disease. From specially trained ER staff in rapid diagnosis and fast-track care during the critical early stages of a heart attack to dedicated board-certified cardiologists and cardiac surgeon, we are proud to have earned national recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center, the only hospital in the North State with this distinction.
In addition, Shasta Regional Regional is the first and only hospital in California to earn The Joint Commission’s Certification of Distinction for our inpatient diabetes care, and our out-patient diabetes care management program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association.
Together with our parent company, Prime Healthcare Services, nationally recognized as one of the Top 10 Health Systems in the Country, we are proud to have earned national recognition, but the real honor is playing a vital role in saving lives in our community.
SRMC Awards & Accomplishments
- Oct '13 - Awarded an "A" Grade by Hospital Safety Score℠ by The Leapfrog Group
- March '13 - Named one the the Nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
- Nov. '12 - Received an "A" from Hospital Safety Score℠ by the Leapfrog Group
- Oct. '12 - Named one of the Nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
- Sept. '12 - Contracted with Anthem Blue Cross
- Sept. '12 - Recognized as a Top Performer by the Joint Commission for the second year in a row
- Sept. '12 - Re-certified as an Accredited Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- June '12 - Received an "A" Hospital Safety Score℠ by The Leapfrog Group
- March '12 - Received the 2011 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- April '12 - Transitioned to Electronic Medical Records and bedside medication verification
- March '10 - Received the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- Feb. '10 - Laboratory was awarded accreditation by the Accreditation Committee of the College of American Pathologists
- Feb. '10 - Earns Joint Commission Diabetes Certification for Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Care
- Sept. ‘09 - Named in ADVANCE Magazine a 2009 Readers’ Choice as “Best Hospital”
- June ‘09 -Leslie White, RN, MSN, CCRN, director of Critical Care and Respiratory Therapy - 2009 California Regional Finalists Nursing Excellence Awards
- May ‘09 - American Diabetes Association Certification
- April ‘09 -Stroke Center Certification by the Joint Commission
Prime Healthcare Services Awards & Accomplishments
- Jan. '12 - Recognized as Top 15 Health System in the Nation
- Oct. ‘09 - Prime Healthcare Services’ Hospitals recognized among Top 100 Best in Value Hospitals™ in the Nation by Data Advantage
- Sept. ‘09 - Thomson Reuters Research puts Prime Healthcare Services among Top 10 U.S. health systems.
- May ‘09 - Modern Physician and Modern Healthcare Magazines rank Dr. Prem Reddy 19th among the other top 49 exceptional physician executives in the nation.
- April ‘09 - Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals in the nation – Prime Healthcare Services West Anaheim Medical Center in Anaheim and Desert Valley in Victorville have been selected as top 100 hospitals in nation