Shasta Regional Medical Center is committed to our community’s health and wellbeing.
We are proud to be home to the only nationally certified Stroke team in the North State. Our accreditation is from the Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association “Get with the Guidelines” annual performance award.
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care and treatment of cardiovascular disease. From specially trained ER staff in rapid diagnosis and fast-track care during the critical early stages of a heart attack to dedicated board-certified cardiologists and cardiac surgeon, we are proud to have earned national recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center, the only hospital in the North State with this distinction.
In addition, Shasta Regional Regional is the first and only hospital in California to earn The Joint Commission’s Certification of Distinction for our inpatient diabetes care, and our out-patient diabetes care management program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association.
Together with our parent company, Prime Healthcare Services, nationally recognized as one of the Top 10 Health Systems in the Country, we are proud to have earned national recognition, but the real honor is playing a vital role in saving lives in our community.
SRMC Awards & Accomplishments
- April ‘09 -Stroke Center Certification by the Joint Commission
- May ‘09 -American Diabetes Association Certification
- June ‘09 -Leslie White, RN, MSN, CCRN, director of Critical Care and Respiratory Therapy - 2009 California Regional Finalists Nursing Excellence Awards.
- Sept. ‘09 - Shasta Regional Medical Center named in ADVANCE Magazine a 2009 Readers’ Choice as “Best Hospital”
Prime Healthcare Services Awards & Accomplishments
- May ‘09 - Modern Physician and Modern Healthcare Magazines rank Dr. Prem Reddy 19th among the other top 49 exceptional physician executives in the nation.
- April ‘09 - Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals in the nation – Prime Healthcare Services West Anaheim Medical Center in Anaheim and Desert Valley in Victorville have been selected as top 100 hospitals in nation
- Sept. ‘09 - Thomson Reuters Research puts Prime Healthcare Services among Top 10 U.S. health systems.
- Oct. ‘09 - Prime Healthcare Services’ Hospitals recognized among Top 100 Best in Value Hospitals™ in the Nation by Data Advantage