Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) Vision
At Shasta Regional Medical Center, the goal of the Patient and Family Advisory
Council is to support the highest standards of comprehensive and compassionate
care. The Council serves as a formal tool for creating a collaborative
partnership between patients, families and the healthcare team.
Valuing the voice of patients and families is foundational to our system
of healthcare delivery. Insight gained through this partnership will serve
to prioritize and promote positive patient experience.
Help Us Help Families and Patients
Be an advisor! Join our Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) to bring
authentic patient perspectives to our work.
Who are we?
The Shasta Regional Medical Center PFAC is comprised of patients, family
members and caregivers. We are committed to building a partnership of
advisors and staff working to understand the needs
of the community and to implement programs and policies to address health
care challenges affecting patient experience. The Council serves as a
formal tool for creating a collaborative partnership between patients
and families and the healthcare team.
What is an advisor?
Advisors provide personal perspectives and experiences to help guide and
codesign Shasta Regional Medical Center programs and communications to
support healthcare quality improvement and patient engagement efforts.
What would I do as an advisor?
• Share personal stories and experiences
• Provide feedback and ideas about improving patient experience
• Share ideas on how to engage patients and families
• Collaborate with all Shasta Regional Medical Center departments,
physicians, and administration
Benefits of Joining
• Co-design projects that support quality improvement and patient
• Collaborate with the other committed and engaged patients and family members
• Bring your perspective to the table to help us improve
How will I know what to do?
Shasta Regional Medical Center will provide coaching to the
Council so its members are supported in their advisory role.
Your Time Commitment
• Attend meetings that are held monthly
• Spend approximately 2 to 4 hours a month on PFAC-related activities
If you or someone you know would like to participate in this meaningful
service opportunity, please contact our Patient Experience Coordinator